Friday, August 21, 2026

Edward I and the Misplaced Court

 

Recently, I submitted a work that corrects an intriguing error in the modern account of Edward I's court and its movements in north Wales.

 

In very brief summary, modern accounts since at least 1974, but with origins going back to 1900, assert that Edward's court was located for three weeks (every author has a different period, of course!) at Llyn Cwm Dulyn.

As my work shows, this was not so. Primary evidence is clear, despite slight spelling variations that never obscure the true location, that the court, between June 9th and 29th, 1284, was located at Baladeulyn - modern-day Nantlle. 

There's little point in repeating my work here, so please have a read of the report, for free and without adverts or such like, here. 

Enjoy! 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edward I and the Misplaced Court

  Recently, I submitted a work that corrects an intriguing error in the modern account of Edward I's court and its movements in north Wa...